In pursuance of its Philosophy and in line with the entrepreneurship and Total Man Concept goals of Covenant University, the Department of Mechanical Engineering will lay emphasis on the following objectives, which are to:
- facilitate a good grasp of a broad spectrum of engineering principles;
- facilitate acquisition of practical work experience;
- inculcate entrepreneurial, marketing, and management skills in students;
- engage extensively in mechanical engineering research and development;
- train and produce men and women who will be alert to the engineering needs of their environment and be willing and eager to meet those needs;
- train and produce men and women who are equipped with the necessary tools (theoretical, spiritual, physical and intellectual) to design and manufacture machines and components for the benefit of their environment and mankind in general; and
bring out the best in the students through adequate exposure to theory, current trends and state of the art laboratory and industrial facilities.